Who wants Spooky Dragon Eggs? Halloween is right around the corner, and with it comes lots of naughty treats. Dig in to these all natural, healthy dragon eggs that will get you in the spooky Halloween mood – and will properly nourish you and your kids. This recipe doubles as a super fun activity to involve the kids too.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 small head of red cabbage, chopped
juice of one lemon
Directions for the blue/gray eggs:
1. In a large pot, bring half the cabbage to a boil using just enough water to submerge the cabbage.
2. Allow to boil for about 10 minutes, or until the water reaches a deep blue color.
3. Add half of the eggs and enough water to submerge the eggs.
4. Return to a rolling boil, turn off heat, and allow eggs to cook, covered for twenty minutes.
5. Remove eggs from water and begin to crack eggs as if you were going to peel them, but do not peel them. Just create deep cracks around the whole eggs.
6. Place eggs and cabbage water in a large bowl and refrigerate overnight.
For red eggs:
Follow the directions above, adding the lemon juice to the water during step six. The water will turn bright red right before your eyes!